HOT Megumi Nike Inspired Shirt 100% New
5 RULES TO FIND THE PERFECT SWEATSHIRT FIT
Of course, the question of the right fit is a subjective matter. However, a few general rules can help you to see through the jumble of sizes and materials – regardless of age, height, physique or other personal characteristics.
Here are some basic guidelines for how a men’s sweatshirt should fit. With these, nothing will stand in your way of finding a perfect-fitting sweatshirt.
- Collar: must not be too tight nor too loose.
- Shoulders: the shoulder seams should sit on the shoulder bone.
- Sleeves: cuffs should reach the wrists, with a rather tight fit around ribs and loose sleeves.
- Length: the waistband should end below the hips: the mid-length of your zip.
- Width: the waistband should have a snug fit around the hip but the body material should be rather loose.
Fabric content – 100% cotton, 50/50 cotton poly, 80/20 cotton poly.
We’ll confess a leaning towards the 100% cotton lovelies, but they’re not always the easiest to find.
There are plenty of 80/20’s about though, and we wouldn’t dilute the cotton any more than that for anything fashion based. The only time you might consider a 50/50 is if it’s for workwear, and a really good colour fastness is required during multiple hot washes.
If boiling the sweatshirt or hooded sweatshirt up like a bag of old Brussel sprouts isn’t an issue, go 80/20. The only other fabric question is would you like it brushed, or un-brushed?
Un-brushed, or loop back as it’s often known, can be preferred by the fashion types with its cleaner looking, non-fluffy insides.
The sweat fleece fabrics that have had a damn good brushing however, will give an increased sense of weight.
Texture – peachy, carbon sueded?
What does my sweatshirt or hooded sweatshirt feel like, is it nice and peachy, and has it been carbon sueded? In fact, what the hell is carbon suedeing? Texture in all things is rather important.
We want a heavy fabric for sweatshirts and hooded sweatshirts as a rule, but sometimes we want a crisp Scandy look, nice and minimal, and then again we might want something a bit heavier but vintage, soft, and with distress.
These fabrics are sometimes made more peachy feely by machinery, that creates abrasion on the top side of the fabric to give it a lovely soft feel – if you like the sound of that, ask for carbon suedeing, and we’ll try and sound knowledgeable.
Connect us at:
- Sweatshirt: https://shopowlfashion.com/product-category/apparel/3d-shirt/3d-sweatshirt/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shopowlfashion
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shopowlfashion/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/owlfashion1234
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/owlfashions/